Our family-owned business is based on the belief that our customers’ needs are of the utmost importance. Our goal is to make you happy and provide you with an investment you’ll be proud of. As a result, our business is based on repeat customers and referrals.
In 1993, Sammy was asked to relocate from Atlanta to Homestead, FL, to rebuild and provide the construction management for the National Park Service’s presence in the Everglades National Park following the devastation from Hurricane Andrew. This project included 13 buildings and took almost a year to complete. Sammy and Patty were newlyweds, having been married in 1992, but the opportunity was so great that they could not pass up the offer.
After Sammy established himself and set up residence in a Homestead hotel, Patty joined him two weeks later for her first visit to South Florida. She continued to visit him every other week for the duration of the project. Sammy was so smitten with Key Largo that he left his hotel in Homestead and set up residence at Gilbert’s Resort and as they say, “the rest is history.” Like so many before them Sammy and Patty were hooked. They fostered friendships and memories that changed their lives forever.
Captain Sammy Sparks has more than 35 years experience in the building industry. He cultivated his discipline from the ground up and reached the top of his profession through his work ethic and skills. The following is a partial listing of his accomplishments:
- Skilled carpenter, foreman and ran his own crew by age 18
- By age 21, he was on his own and working on commercial high-rise skyscrapers
- Commercial superintendent by age 25
- Commercial project manager by age 33
- Renowned historical preservation specialist
Patty has a military background in public affairs with the United States Air Force. She was trained as a military photo journalist and graduated from the Defense Information School (DINFOS) taking her first assignment at Osan AB, Korea. As a sergeant, she also served several years as lead vocalist in the 8th Air Force Band. She has spent the last 20 years in Human Resources, as a recruiter and legislative aide for the State of Florida.
Sammy is a diversified builder and has experience in all realms of the construction arena, including restoration, additions, residential building, new construction, commercial construction, and everything in between. He is a master craftsman with an eye for detail and has been lauded for his no-nonsense approach to business.
His latest high-profile project was working with The Travel Channel’s Hotel Impossible host Anthony Melchiorri, a renowned “hotel fixer,” and New York designer Leslie Segrete to spruce up the common areas at Creekside Inn in Islamorada. The show was available to 100 million homes. Excerpts can be seen here: http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/hotel-impossible/episodes/owner-overboard. It can also be viewed at no charge on demand or it can be downloaded on iTunes (Hotel Impossible – Owner Overboard).
Other major projects that are a testament to his superior craftsmanship include:
- Everglades National Park Service Buildings (13 buildings); Homestead, FL
- Martin Luther King Visitor’s Center; Atlanta
- Henry Partee Elementary School; Atlanta
- Buford Prison Infirmary; Buford, GA
- O’Hearn House (Mentally Handicapped Homeless Shelter); Atlanta
- Regency Park Nursing Home; Dalton, GA
- Gwinnett Technical Institute Auto Center (Including classrooms, offices and 33 automotive lifts); Lawrenceville, GA
- Downtown Redevelopment and Restoration Project; Lawrenceville, GA
- Islamorada Coin Laundry; Islamorada, FL
- Royal 400 Office Building; Atlanta
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center; Forsyth, GA
- Garden Plaza Hotel; Atlanta
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church; Atlanta
- Kiffney’s Indoor Shooting Range; Key Largo, FL
- Fish House Encore Restaurant; Key Largo, FL
- Hobo’s Restaurant; Key Largo, FL
- Coin Laundry, Islamorada
- Moose Lodge, Islamorada
We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry. Call us today to discuss your project.